Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today is Grand Theft Auto IV Day!!!

Hello my name is Brian and I am an addict.
My addiction is to video games. I could quit anytime I want to and for several years in College I did quit. I did not own a video game system during those years. But now I have several of them back in my life. And today I picked up just another vial of that sweet nector call a game disc.

Grand Theft Auto IV is not for kids. It has a mature rating sticker on it. It is illegal to sell it to someone younger than 17. So if there are kids playing it someone of consent age gave it to them. So when that child who may not know the difference between real and fantasy acts out in a few years. Don't ask how could that happen to my child? Ask why did I let him or her play that game? Why did I give in to buying them that game? Why did I fail in parenting? And to that parental group that is complaining about the game, well here is what CNN.com says.
The premise of the Grand Theft Auto series is controversial,
with characters who are underworld criminals armed to the teeth, but that's also
part of the game's appeal.
"Controversy does sell, but it is targeted to an older audience," said Michael Gartenberg, an analyst at market research firm Jupiter Research. "It is not geared to children."
GTA 4 has a "Mature" rating, meaning it is intended for users 17 years old or older. The game's label warns of blood, intense violence, partial nudity, strong language, strong sexual content, use of alcohol, and use of drugs.
Get over it. It has a Mature rating. Only adults that can make decisions for themselves should be playing it. Perhaps only adults that can pay for the game system and a copy of the game should be playing it.
As for me. I got mine and tonight I plan on CarJacking alot of people from the safety of my living room.

No comments:

CBI Out and About

Twitter Bdiggy

CBI

CBI
Laying back in the Love Sac